How does it work?
You simply limit your diet to lean protein, "good" carbs and fats, fresh fruits and vegetables in small meals throughout the day. The main principles:
- Eat six small meals a day
- Don't skip breakfast
- Eat lean protein and complex carbs at every meal
- 2-3 servings of healthy fats each day
- Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (great source of fiber, vitamins, nutrients & enzymes)
- Control your portions
- Drink plenty of water
- Processed Foods including white flours and sugars
- Artificial sweeteners
- Soda and sugary juices
- Foods with additives and preservatives
- Processed or artificial foods
- Saturated and trans fats
It takes some work to adjust your habits, but overall it is a healthy eating plan.
Mayers Memorial Hospital District does not advocate any of these diet plans. This is being provided as information only. Before you make any changes in your diet, please consult your physician.