It is the last day of 2014. How many times have you said, "after the first of the year I will...?" It is New Year's Resolution time, have you made yours? Resolution by definition means "a firm decision to do or not to do something." With the beginning of a new year many people decide it is time to get organized and start with a fresh slate. Goals are often set, but not kept.
Here is a list of seven of the most common resolutions and a little information that may help you achieve your goals.
- Lose Weight - choose a safe and successful program that you can stick to. Don't DIET, make a lifestyle change.
- Quit Smoking - Have a PLAN - habits and addictions are hard to break and you will need a plan and support.
- Get Fit - Physical activity each day is important for many reasons. There are many ways you can build activity into your daily routine. Set a goal, schedule time and stay determined.
- Manage Debt - Is this the year you are going to get your debt under control? Worrying about finances causes stress. There are many budgeting techniques, counseling services and other programs to help you achieve this goal.
- Save Money - We all want to do it, but it always seems to get spent on something else. Try this great publication from USA.gov with useful worksheets, helpful hints and more.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - By reducing, reusing and recycling can help you, your community and the environment by saving money, energy and resources. How can you help?
- Get Organized - A new year, a clean organized home or office...sounds great, but how do you achieve this? Try these quick hints.
For more on a Happy, Healthy New Year visit MMHD' s new feature on the website.