Costumes, Candy, Pumpkins...Happy Halloween! Here at Mayers Memorial Hospital District we thought it would be fun to share a few interesting numbers about the candy filled celebration.
- In 2010 there was a pumpkin that weighed in at 1810 pounds!
- Growers in the United States produce 1.5 billion pounds in pumpkins each year
- There are 36 million children in the US between the ages of 5 to 13, the best age for trick or treating!
- Over 50% of Americans decorate their yards for Halloween
- More than 35 million pounds of candy are sold annually.
- 90% of people admit to "sneaking" some of their children's candy
- 120 million Americans dress up for Halloween
- 72% of Americans say they hand out Halloween Candy
- The average American consumes 24 pounds of candy each year - that is equal to 2,366 Hershey Kisses!
Join us at the Mayers Memorial Lobby today from 4:00 - 6:00 pm for Main Street Trick or Treat. We have LOTS of candy to be handed out by some of our long term care residents.